Report from Thailand
NBTC and RAST presented the callsign HS10A to His Majesty the King
RAST, represented by E23PKO and HS1AAZ, presents ICOM IC-7300 and ICOM IC-9700 to H.M. the King
His Majesty the King Maha Vajiralongkorn (Rama X) and Her Majesty the Queen Suthida Bajarasudha Bimollaksanagranted have been the regular audience to Thailand's radio regulator, the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC).
On 24th September 2020, Chairman of the NBTC Board, General Sukit Khamasundara, together with President, Dr. Jakkree Hantongkom HS1FVL of the Radio Amateur Society of Thailand (RAST) that is under the Royal Patronage of His Majesty the King, with hornor, to present His Majesty the King with an advanced class amateur radio license along with his personal callsign HS10A.
Committee Members of the RAST: HS1AAZ, HS1JZT, E23PKO and E21EIC, were also attended to the ceremony.
NBTC Chairman Gen Sukit Khamasundara addresses his Majesty King Vajiralongkorn at the Amphorn Sathan Residential Hall, Dusit Palace
In the ceremony, with contribution of G. Simon Radio Co. Ltd., the official dealer of ICOM in Thailand, RAST also presented to their patron, His Majesty the King, with an ICOM IC-7300 HF transceiver and an IC-9700 VHF/UHF transceiver, along with antennas and other radio devices at the Amphon Sathan Residential Hall, in Dusit Palace.
RAST: E23PKO, HS1FVL, HS1AAZ, E21EIC, HS1JZT
120 people attended the third RAST On the Beach event in Rayong
RAST On the Beach #3 (ROB#3) was named as it is the third consecutive year that the event has been organized by the Radio Amateur Society of Thailand (RAST), the association under the Royal Patronage of His Majesty the King. The event was taken placeon 3rd- 4th October 2020 at the Rock Garden Beach Resort in Rayong, Thailand. This event meant to perform both radio communicating demonstrations and practical workshops by experienced RAST members to spread the knowledge and expertise to all participants. The activities includ introductions of various aspects of HF communication such as the modes (SSB, CW, and Digitals), different types of antennas, as well as demonstrating of how to install and complete a fully operational amateur radio station in the field.
Hexbeam antenna installation
The registration process for ROB#3 commenced on Saturday at 1pm., and there were over 120 HAM enthusiasts from across the country turned up to join the event. The participants were welcomed with various antenna installations near the beach front. There were few simple dipole antennas, a 40m ground plane antenna, and a satellite dish to make QSOs via QO-100 satellite, to multiband Hexbeam antenna (20m-6m) and the Award-Winning Emergency HF/VHF Portable Station equipped with 40m and Tribander directional antennas developed by E23NEZ.
HS0AJ/P activity for communicating via the QO-100 satellite
Emergency HF/VHF portable station
Dr. Jakkree Hantongkom HS1FVL explains about the US FCC Exam
present by Thai VE Team Liaison, E21EIC
In the same Saturday afternoon, ROB#3 also hosted the 3rd US FCC Amateur Radio VEC Examination of the year in Thailand between 2pm - 5pm. There were 27 candidates in total, 16 of whom passed the examinations that day: 3 Technician Class, 7 General Class, and 6 new Extra Class (1 of whom was a One Day Extra). Many congratulations to all those who have passed!
ICOM IC-705 by G.Simon Radio Co.,Ltd.
The event also performed a presentation of the newly released ICOM IC-705, and a portable QRP transceiver that is about to hit the Thai market by G. Simon Radio Co., Ltd., the authorised ICOM dealer in Thailand.
HS3PJF, E21EIC, E24OYI
ROB#3 will not be complete without an informal party on the beach front! Ideas were shared and knowledge was exchanged amongst old and new friends. Whilst in the background, one of RAST members was using HS0AC/2 special callsign to participate in the Oceania DX Contest in SSB mode. Overall, it was another successful event by RAST and we cannot wait to welcome everybody back again for ROB#4.
Report from Thailand backnumber
- Fred Laun K3ZO Silent Key (Part I) A great loss for amateur radio
- HF Amateur Radio Seminars Hosted by RAST and NBTC BW/E25KAE, The First Thai HAM Operator in Taiwan
- CQ World-Wide DX Contest SSB & CW 2022 from Ban Ta Bong (The Center of the World)
- POTA Activations in Thailand by JJ1DQR,
Advanced Class Examination for Thai Amateur Radio Licenses
- HS3NBR/p Maeo Island IOTA AS-145,
16th – 19th September 2022
- JARL HAM FAIR 2022
- Inmemoriam to the former RAST President Mayuree Chotikul, HS1YL,
US FCC Amateur Radio License Examination in Thailand, etc.
- 45th International Amateur Radio Exhibition in Germany“HAM RADIO FRIEDRICHSHAFEN 2022”
- E20AX/P Mini-IOTA DXpedition to Samet Island (AS-107)
- Easing of Travel Restrictions for Visitors Entering Thailand,
Tribute to Franz Langner, DJ9ZB and Roger Western, G3SXW
- RAST held its General Annual Meeting, May you rest in peace JH1AJT and W7LR
- RAST Annual General Meeting, March 20, 2022
- The First Intermediate License Examination Since COVID-19 Outbreak
- E20AX/p IOTA DXpedition to Chang Island (AS-125)
- CQ World Wide DX Contest CW 2021 from Thailand
- CQ World Wide DX Contest SSB 2021 from Thailand
- The 18th IARU Region 3 Virtual Conference was a success
- Celebrating 400th anniversary of trade relationship between Denmark & Thailand, etc.
- E2HQ RAST Headquarter 2021, etc.
- RAST will host the IARU Region 3 Conference 2021 online in September, etc.
- RAST Talks, RAST CW Challenge Results
- RAST held AGM meeting and hosted New Year Party, NARIT Astro Fest 2021
- RAST CW Challenge
- KMUTNB and RAST welcome Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation & other news.
- FCC Amateur Radio License Exam, RAST Donated a Tower to Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary,Installation of 2EL Quad at E24OYI
- RAST & G. SIMON BALLOON FESTIVAL 2020 "E2ICOM"
- RAST HF-101, November RAST meeting
- NBTC and RAST presented the callsign HS10A to His Majesty the King
- RAST hosts August meeting at an open-air restaurant
US FCC Amateur Radio License Examination at KMITL, Bangkok, Thailand
- E2HQ RAST-Headquarter, Spirit of the 2020 IARU HF World Championship
Installation of E24EZ, The first DMR Repeater in Thailand
- Global COVID-19 “STAYHOME” Radio Communication Event was a great success
- E2STAYHOME, RAST COVID-19 Special Event
E21EIC inducted into CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame
COVID-19 RADIO COMMUNICATION EVENT
- The E21EIC Station Antenna System Improved for Competition
- RAST Annual General Meeting
April RAST meeting cancelled, YOTA event is postponed
- RAST installs IGATEs to expand the APRS network in Thailand
- First US FCC Amateur Radio License Examination in 2020
- Thailand Amateur Radio Day 2019