Report from Thailand
KMUTNB and RAST welcome Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation.
RAST Improves HS0AB Station Setup at NBTC.
E2STAYHOME and E2ICOM QSL Card.
Congratulations New DXCC.
KMUTNB and RAST welcome Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation
Dr. Phongsatorn, HS1FVL, HS4SCI, HS2JFW
Radio Amateur Society of Thailand under the Royal Patronage of His Majesty the King (RAST) led by RAST’s president Dr. Jakkree Hantongkom, HS1FVL, advisor Pornchai Semjang, HS2JFW, together with the Acting President of King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTNB) and the management team, gave a special welcome to Adjunct Professor Dr. Anek Laothamatas, Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation (MHESRI) and his team at International Space Technology Institute for Economic Development (INSTEAD), King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTNB). RAST holds an advisory role to INSTEAD regarding satellite and communication.
Dr. Anek Laothamatas (Ministry of MHESRI)
Dr. Phongsatorn Saisutjarit Present KNACKSAT
The objective of the visit was to observe the work of INSTEAD’s Satellite Operation Office, Frequency and Microwave Measuring Office for the International Space Development, and the anechoic chamber at The Sirindhorn International Thai-German Graduate School of Engineering (TGGS), whereby the presentation was led by Dr Phongsatorn Saisutjarit, and KNACKSAT team. In this occasion, RAST has the opportunity to present its work on satellite communication together with INSTEAD’s Satellite Operation Office as well.
RAST, led by HS1FVL and HS2JFW presented satellite communication to Ministry of MHESRI
RAST Improves HS0AB Station Setup at NBTC
RAST technician team at NBTC
The technician team of Radio Amateur Society of Thailand under the Royal Patronage of His Majesty the King (RAST) led by RAST’s president Dr. Jakkree Hantongkom HS1FVL, Nikorn Deesai HS5NMF, Palakorn Noppaketjaras HS0KRM, Bhudit Jirardhanakun E23NEZ, and others, helped to improve the antenna system and check the telecommunication devices on the HF band of HS0AB, Sailom Station at the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC), in Bangkok. The team also perform a routine check on the antennas of the emergency rapid response vehicle so that it is always ready to come into action shall any emergency or natural disaster arises.
E2STAYHOME and E2ICOM QSL Card
For those who have managed to establish contacts with E2STAYHOME and E2ICOM, all the QSL cards for those hold two special callsigns have been sent out via RAST QSL Bureau already. Hope that everybody will receive them soon.
E2STAYHOME QSL cards
For E2STAYHOME, Thailand had joined the STAYHOME campaign with the special callsign E2STAYHOME, issued by the NBTC specifically for RAST, to help raise the awareness of COVID-19. During such difficult time, amateur radio helps to promote a sense of belonging and spread the gesture of goodwill whilst keeping the communication network on its toes in case of emergency.
E2ICOM QSL cards
For E2ICOM, the Radio Amateur Society of Thailand under the Royal Patronage of His Majesty the King (RAST) in partnership with G. Simon Radio Co., Ltd., held an exciting “The Balloon Festival 2020” in San Sai District, Chiang Mai, under the special callsign “E2ICOM” to commemorate the 65th company anniversary of G. Simon Radio in Thailand and to generate more interests in amateur radio amongst the locals. Many VHF contacts were made from the balloon under E2ICOM, and the callsign was also used in CQ WW CW Contest 2020.
Congratulations New DXCC
Champ, E21EIC, DXCC Card Checker Thailand, would like to congratulate three new DXCC:-
- Mew, E29TGW (DXCC Mixed, CW, Digital, 20M and 40M
- Bun, E25KAE (DXCC Mixed and Digital)
- Tony, E24OYI (DXCC Mixed, Digital and 20M)
This is indeed an exciting start to their journey in HAM radio.
New generation HAMs and their new DXCC
Report from Thailand backnumber
- Parks on the Air in Thailand
- RAST on The Beach 4
- Fred Laun K3ZO Silent Key (Part II) A great loss for amateur radio
- Fred Laun K3ZO Silent Key (Part I) A great loss for amateur radio
- HF Amateur Radio Seminars Hosted by RAST and NBTC BW/E25KAE, The First Thai HAM Operator in Taiwan
- CQ World-Wide DX Contest SSB & CW 2022 from Ban Ta Bong (The Center of the World)
- POTA Activations in Thailand by JJ1DQR,
Advanced Class Examination for Thai Amateur Radio Licenses
- HS3NBR/p Maeo Island IOTA AS-145,
16th – 19th September 2022
- JARL HAM FAIR 2022
- Inmemoriam to the former RAST President Mayuree Chotikul, HS1YL,
US FCC Amateur Radio License Examination in Thailand, etc.
- 45th International Amateur Radio Exhibition in Germany“HAM RADIO FRIEDRICHSHAFEN 2022”
- E20AX/P Mini-IOTA DXpedition to Samet Island (AS-107)
- Easing of Travel Restrictions for Visitors Entering Thailand,
Tribute to Franz Langner, DJ9ZB and Roger Western, G3SXW
- RAST held its General Annual Meeting, May you rest in peace JH1AJT and W7LR
- RAST Annual General Meeting, March 20, 2022
- The First Intermediate License Examination Since COVID-19 Outbreak
- E20AX/p IOTA DXpedition to Chang Island (AS-125)
- CQ World Wide DX Contest CW 2021 from Thailand
- CQ World Wide DX Contest SSB 2021 from Thailand
- The 18th IARU Region 3 Virtual Conference was a success
- Celebrating 400th anniversary of trade relationship between Denmark & Thailand, etc.
- E2HQ RAST Headquarter 2021, etc.
- RAST will host the IARU Region 3 Conference 2021 online in September, etc.
- RAST Talks, RAST CW Challenge Results
- RAST held AGM meeting and hosted New Year Party, NARIT Astro Fest 2021
- RAST CW Challenge
- KMUTNB and RAST welcome Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation & other news.
- FCC Amateur Radio License Exam, RAST Donated a Tower to Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary,Installation of 2EL Quad at E24OYI
- RAST & G. SIMON BALLOON FESTIVAL 2020 "E2ICOM"
- RAST HF-101, November RAST meeting
- NBTC and RAST presented the callsign HS10A to His Majesty the King
- RAST hosts August meeting at an open-air restaurant
US FCC Amateur Radio License Examination at KMITL, Bangkok, Thailand
- E2HQ RAST-Headquarter, Spirit of the 2020 IARU HF World Championship
Installation of E24EZ, The first DMR Repeater in Thailand
- Global COVID-19 “STAYHOME” Radio Communication Event was a great success
- E2STAYHOME, RAST COVID-19 Special Event
E21EIC inducted into CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame
COVID-19 RADIO COMMUNICATION EVENT
- The E21EIC Station Antenna System Improved for Competition
- RAST Annual General Meeting
April RAST meeting cancelled, YOTA event is postponed
- RAST installs IGATEs to expand the APRS network in Thailand
- First US FCC Amateur Radio License Examination in 2020
- Thailand Amateur Radio Day 2019