Report from Thailand
RAST held AGM meeting and hosted New Year Party, NARIT Astro Fest 2021
RAST held AGM meeting and hosted New Year Party
Members vote to approve the minutes of the 2019 AGM during the meeting at Rot Meu Mae on Sunday, April 4.
Radio Amateur Society of Thailand under the Royal Patronage of His Majesty the King (RAST) held the 2020 Annual General Meeting on Sunday 4th April 2021 at Rot Meu Mae Restaurant, located at Ngamwongwan Road, Laksi District, in Bangkok. Over 100 RAST members attended the event.
RAST’s president Dr. Jakkree Hantongkam (Jack), HS1FVL, opened the formal meeting at 14:00 by summarizing all the activities that took place in 2020, albeit a quieter year because of Covid-19, as well as the society’s income and expenditure, and the current number of members in each category.
RAST President, Dr. Jack HS1FVL Opening RAST NEW YEAR Party 2021
Dr. Jack proposed RAST’s plan for the next fiscal year to everybody, and also took the opportunity to hold a Q&A session with the members. RAST’s secretary and QSL Bureau Manager Champ, E21EIC, reported the total incoming and outgoing QSL cards for 2020, along with the sent and received QSL card statistics for RAST QSL bureau. All the members voted to approve the meeting, and the Annual General Meeting drew to a close at 15:00.
Mr. Nopanant Jira, HS0JSB, the big boss of G.Simon Radio Co., Ltd
After the General Meeting was over, the gatherings enjoyed a belated New Year party which included a practical demonstration of portable ICOM IC-705 and the exchange of gifts. The highlight of the evening was undoubtedly the lucky draw for three ICOM transceivers: ICOM IC-9700, ICOM IC-705, and ICOM IC-2300, sponsored by Mr. Rachar Perdpipat, E23FXX, and Mr. Nopanant Jira, HS0JSB, the big boss of G. Simon Radio Co., Ltd, the authorized dealer of ICOM in Thailand. The prizes went to:
ICOM IC-9700 HS6NDK
ICOM IC-705 HS1DQ
ICOM IC-2300 HS2UPR
RAST would like to take this opportunity to thank all members for joining the event, and give special thanks to E23FXX and HS0JSB for sponsoring these great prizes and make the evening a memorable one for everybody.
NARIT Astro Fest 2021
On 27th March 2021, National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand (Public Organization) (NARIT) hosted the “NARIT Astro Fest 2021”, the grandest astronomy event of the year, at Princess Sirindhorn Astro Park, Mae Rim District, in Chiang Mai.
Many interesting activities were held including stargazing with telescopes, tailored astronomy games for kids and families, meeting astronomers and learn about their latest research, a special talk titled “Women in Astronomy” and a presentation on “Women of Nasa”, and an open-house visit of advanced technological astronomy laboratory. One of the special highlights was “Whispers from the Sky” organised by RAST to spread the awareness about satellite communication and the technology it entails.
Dr. Jack, HS1FVL present RAST’s Satellite to Prof Dr Anek Laothamatas
Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation
HS5IHQ, HS4SCI, E25GGT, E22YJB, HS1JAN
RAST’s space and satellite working team consists of RAST’s president Dr Jack, HS1FVL, HS1JAN, HS4SCI, E25GGT, and HS5IGY, as well as other volunteers including HS5IHQ and E22YJB joined the event. Dr. Jack presented a summary of RAST’s space and satellite project to Prof Dr. Anek Laothamatas – Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation, Mr. Charoenrit Sanguansat – Chiang Mai Governor, Dr. Rawin Rawiwong – President of the National Science Museum (NSM), Mr. Sean O’Neill – US Consul General, Chiang Mai, Assoc Prof Dr. Peeradet Tongumpai – Chairperson of NARIT Executive Board, Dr. Saran Poshyachinda – NARIT Executive Director, and other esteemed guests at the event. RAST always welcomed opportunities to collaborate with both government and public sectors on various space and satellite projects in the future.
HS5IGY, HS1FVL, HS4SCI
Report from Thailand backnumber
- Parks on the Air in Thailand
- RAST on The Beach 4
- Fred Laun K3ZO Silent Key (Part II) A great loss for amateur radio
- Fred Laun K3ZO Silent Key (Part I) A great loss for amateur radio
- HF Amateur Radio Seminars Hosted by RAST and NBTC BW/E25KAE, The First Thai HAM Operator in Taiwan
- CQ World-Wide DX Contest SSB & CW 2022 from Ban Ta Bong (The Center of the World)
- POTA Activations in Thailand by JJ1DQR,
Advanced Class Examination for Thai Amateur Radio Licenses
- HS3NBR/p Maeo Island IOTA AS-145,
16th – 19th September 2022
- JARL HAM FAIR 2022
- Inmemoriam to the former RAST President Mayuree Chotikul, HS1YL,
US FCC Amateur Radio License Examination in Thailand, etc.
- 45th International Amateur Radio Exhibition in Germany“HAM RADIO FRIEDRICHSHAFEN 2022”
- E20AX/P Mini-IOTA DXpedition to Samet Island (AS-107)
- Easing of Travel Restrictions for Visitors Entering Thailand,
Tribute to Franz Langner, DJ9ZB and Roger Western, G3SXW
- RAST held its General Annual Meeting, May you rest in peace JH1AJT and W7LR
- RAST Annual General Meeting, March 20, 2022
- The First Intermediate License Examination Since COVID-19 Outbreak
- E20AX/p IOTA DXpedition to Chang Island (AS-125)
- CQ World Wide DX Contest CW 2021 from Thailand
- CQ World Wide DX Contest SSB 2021 from Thailand
- The 18th IARU Region 3 Virtual Conference was a success
- Celebrating 400th anniversary of trade relationship between Denmark & Thailand, etc.
- E2HQ RAST Headquarter 2021, etc.
- RAST will host the IARU Region 3 Conference 2021 online in September, etc.
- RAST Talks, RAST CW Challenge Results
- RAST held AGM meeting and hosted New Year Party, NARIT Astro Fest 2021
- RAST CW Challenge
- KMUTNB and RAST welcome Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation & other news.
- FCC Amateur Radio License Exam, RAST Donated a Tower to Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary,Installation of 2EL Quad at E24OYI
- RAST & G. SIMON BALLOON FESTIVAL 2020 "E2ICOM"
- RAST HF-101, November RAST meeting
- NBTC and RAST presented the callsign HS10A to His Majesty the King
- RAST hosts August meeting at an open-air restaurant
US FCC Amateur Radio License Examination at KMITL, Bangkok, Thailand
- E2HQ RAST-Headquarter, Spirit of the 2020 IARU HF World Championship
Installation of E24EZ, The first DMR Repeater in Thailand
- Global COVID-19 “STAYHOME” Radio Communication Event was a great success
- E2STAYHOME, RAST COVID-19 Special Event
E21EIC inducted into CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame
COVID-19 RADIO COMMUNICATION EVENT
- The E21EIC Station Antenna System Improved for Competition
- RAST Annual General Meeting
April RAST meeting cancelled, YOTA event is postponed
- RAST installs IGATEs to expand the APRS network in Thailand
- First US FCC Amateur Radio License Examination in 2020
- Thailand Amateur Radio Day 2019